Brad has a chat to Battlehounds speaking about the release of their second single, 'Visions', what influences them to make music and how it was working with Gavin Lurssen!
1) Hey thank you so much for chatting to us, how has your day been so far?
Hey Brad no worries! Been pretty good so far, just the usual, work etc.
2) You have released your second single ‘Visions’. How are you finding the response?
It's been really good. We've had a lot of support from community radio and also some national stuff too. We've got some great feedback on the song so it's been great!
3) Very interesting single artwork as well, where was it taken?
Our good friend Miles (drummer for Bad//Dreema) does all our artwork. He took the photo in LA. He's also a graphic designer with his own company Zig Zag Creative and he does some brilliant stuff.
4) As a collective where do you draw your main inspirations from, be it other artists/bands, personal experiences ect…
Mostly personal experiences I guess. I think you have to be honest about your influences. Musically it comes from the bands/artists we listen to as a collective, it all sort of comes out when we jam. Lyrically I get inspiration from a lot of things be it personal experiences but it can come from anywhere really.
5) You have worked with Gavin Lurssen who is credited for working with Queens Of The Stone Age, describe what that was like, are you guys QOTSA fans? Did you guys specifically pick him, if so what was it that appealed to you?
For our most recent singles (Ghost Mountain and Visions) we worked with both Gavin and our great friend John De Michele. John knows our sound and how we work so we love recording with him. We then gave it to Gavin for the finishing touches.
Gavin is based in LA so we worked over email. He's super approachable and loves helping independent bands. He's always happy to make changes if something isn't right.
We're big QOTSA fans, I think that comes through in our music. We loved his work and he was happy to work with us so it worked out!
6) Do you have any plans on any more future releases in the works?
We do, an EP is being written at the moment, we've been stock piling songs for a while now so it's a matter of just working through them.
7) What can people expect from your current string of live shows?
Well, we're definitely loud. We have a lot of fun. It's driving rock and roll so that sort of lends itself to getting rowdy. We're testing some new songs which is going to be fun.
8) Do you plan on touring again this year?
Hopefully, we're trying to finalise some plans at the moment in the next few months.
9) Thankyou so much for chatting to us ! Have a great day and can’t wait t hear more from you guys!
Their video for 'Visions' is out now and you can check it out at the link below!